As a military family member you want to understand what to expect during reintegration following time in a war zone, and to help your loved one adapt back to home life. Reintegration is an adjustment for all involved. This information aims to make this process as smooth as possible and covers:
- A description of the common reactions that occur following deployment to a war zone
- How expectations about homecoming may not be the same for service members and family members
- Ways to talk and listen to one another in order to re-establish trust, closeness and openness
- Information about possible problems to watch out for
- How to offer and find assistance for your loved ones
- What help is available and what it involves (Authors)
View the guide: " Returning from the War Zone: A Guide for Families of Military Personnel"