February 15, 2011
Feeling stressed? One of the most valuable things you can do is to practice a little self-care, every day. Here are some self-care tips to help you remember to breathe.
- Take one thing at a time.
- Avoid over-scheduling.
- Treat your body well.
- Eat healthy food.
- Get enough sleep as often as you can.
- Take time off when you are sick.
- Remember to ask for help.
- Cook and enjoy a meal with a friend or loved one.
- If you have only 5 minutes, you could:
- Chat with a co-worker
- Step outside for fresh air
- Enjoy a snack or make a cup of coffee or tea
- If you have only 10 minutes, you could:
- Write in a journal
- Call a friend
- Tidy your work area
- Assess your self care routine
- Draw a picture
Most importantly, whether you use some of these tips or create a few of your own, remember that sometimes in only takes a little bit of time to nourish your mind and body – and the benefits can go a long way.
Check out What About You? A Workbook for Those Who Work with Others for more self care tips.
Interested in being a HRC Guest Blogger? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.