The Trainer Guide is a lesson plan for a specific skill set. The four skill sets that comprise the
Personal Assistant Services Curriculum include:
- Managing Crises
Each lesson plan is divided into five sections:
- Review— Skill set is introduced.
- Overview—Key information about the skill set is presented.
- Presentation—Specific skills are taught.
- Exercise—Trainees’ learning is consolidated.
- Summary—Learning experience is reviewed.
The approach to skill training is Direct Skills Teaching. In a classroom setting, trainees learn how to
perform new skills from:
- The information that the trainer imparts to them about the skill.
- Observing examples of the skills being performed.
- Having opportunities to practice the skill. (Authors)